March 8, 2010

first post

So, my first blog and my first post. I guess I should start by introducing myself-I'll go by the name of Anastasia on this blog (no pun intended, it is one of my favorite names I wish I had-my birth name is extremely boring and generic). I am eighteen years old and am currently living in New York. I absolutely love it and never want to leave. I've never been diagnosed with an eating disorder and I am in no way claiming to have one. That said, I have been a dancer since I was two years old and have developed some serious issues with food. When I was twelve I began starving myself and fasting as much as possible but only got compliments for my new shape and absolutely loved it. I discovered purging and experimented with that for a while, but nothing worked as well or felt as good as just not eating. over the next years my weight fluctuated constantly, as low as 111 pounds a year and a half ago and up to 135 pounds December 2009. As I went through my most recent (and current) phase of consistent food anxiety and subsequent starvation, I discovered pro-ed blogs and found that they were not disturbing but instead supportive and inspirational to everyone.I started keeping an in depth personal food diary and thoughts on weight, diet, etc. but decided to take the next step. So here we are! Love~Anastasia

No comments: